WAEC Commerce Questions And Answers 2020/2021 |Theory & OBJ
WAEC Commerce Answers 2020 Expo: Welcome to your WAEC freedom world!! Today, I will share the WAEC Commerce Questions And Answers 2020 here with you guys!!
If you are writing this WAEC Commerce Exam, then this post is for you. I guess you been searching for this WAEC Commerce Answers 2020 for long before you landed here.
Free WAEC Commerce Questions And Answers 2020 Expo
Anyways, I will try my best to guide you to Score “A” in this subject. what I am about to show you now is 100% better than expo.
Are you one of the candidates writing WAEC Commerce and you are in need of the WAEC Commerce Questions And Answers 2020 to OBJ & Theory?
If yes, then you are highly Welcome once again to your WAEC Commerce help center. I will be sharing the WAEC Commerce Questions And Answers 2020 with you guys today.
On this page, you have solution to
WAEC Commerce answers 2020, WAEC 2020 Commerce questions and answers, WAEC 2020 Commerce theory questions, 2020 WAEC Commerce expo, 2020 WAEC Commerce question and answer, WAEC questions and answers on Commerce 2020.
WAEC Commerce Questions And Answers 2020 Preamble.
The WAEC Commerce Exams will follow the below format.
PAPER 1: Will consist of 50 compulsory multiple choice questions which would last for fifty (50) minutes and carry fifty (50) marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of two Sections, Section A and Section B.
Section A will consist of a compulsory case study and compulsory question on it while Section B will consist of Six essay questions, out of which candidates will be expected to answer four.
The case study passage will be between 200 to 250 words and will carry 20 marks. Questions in section B will carry fifteen (15) marks each. The Paper will last for 2 hours and carry eighty (80) marks.
WAEC Commerce Exam Scheme 2020.
There will be two papers, Papers 1 & 2, which will be a composite paper to be taken at one sitting.
PAPER 1 will consist of forty multiple choice objective questions all of which are to be answered in 40
minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2 will comprise two sections, Section A and Section B as follow:
Section A: will consist of ten short structured questions covering the entire syllabus. All the questions should be answered in 40 minutes for 40 marks.
Commerce Section B:
will consist of five essay-type questions from which candidates will be required to answer any three questions in 1 hour 25 minutes for 60 marks.
How To Answer WAEC Commerce Objective Questions [Section A]
1. Read a question twice or more before trying to choose an answer.
2. Answer the questions you know first.
3. Imagine and try recalling what the correct answer is.
4. Pay particularly close attention to words like “not, sometimes, always, and never.” An answer that includes always must be irrefutable. If you can find a single counterexample, then the answer is not correct. The same holds true for the word never. If an answer option includes never a single counterexample will indicate the answer is not the correct.
5. Eliminate each clearly wrong options that you know that are odd.
6. Using the process of elimination, cross out all the answers you know are incorrect, then focus on the remaining answers. Not only does this strategy save time, it greatly increases your likelihood of selecting the correct answer.
7. When two answers are correct in a multiple choice question with an “All of the above” option, then it’s probably the correct choice.
8. If all else tactics fails, then guess like a street magician and you may get it right.
How to Answer WAEC Commerce Theory Questions [Section B].
Answering exam questions can be very intimidating especially when one has no self-confidence. When ever you meet any exam, always make sure you eliminate fear.
To answer any WAEC question, follow this steps.
- Go through the exam’s instructions first before you start answering its questions.
- Read a particular question twice or thrice before you give and answer
- Understand each question and what the examiner is really looking for.
- Start your answer by echoing the question if it is an essay question.
- Go through your Answers to make sure all your writings and answers are well spelled and accurately presented.
WAEC Theory Answers Structures
When answering theories or Essay questions, take note of the following and how you should present your answers:
- Describe: This means you should say what you see – no need for reasons. You can give a detailed account, using examples
- State: Provide a factual report with no explanation or opinion.
- List: Write down bullet points, not paragraphs. Keep it brief.
- Explain: give reasons
- Outline: give a brief summary
- Analyse: go into detail
- Compare: what are the similarities and differences?
- Contrast: what are the differences?
- Calculate: use numbers given to work out the value of something
- Define: give the meaning of something
- Evaluate: consider both sides – pros and cons
- Justify: give evidence to explain something
- To what extent: Judge the importance or success of something – has it worked or not
- Argue: present a case with evidence or reasons
- Assess: Weigh up / give an informed judgement
- Comment on: give your opinion on something
- Debate: give different perspective
Free WAEC Commerce Objective Sample Questions [OBJ] 2020.
1. What does the term commerce describe?
A aids to trade and direct services
B direct services and industry
C industry and trade
D trade and aids to trade.
2. Division of labour in a firm leads to
A diseconomies of scale.
B longer working hours for the workforce.
C standardisation of products.
D the workforce being multi-skilled.
3. Industry, commerce and direct services are all needed for production because
A they are dependent on each other.
B they exist to create specialisation.
C they provide services to each other.
D they sell goods to each other.
4. Which function is not performed by a retailer?
A displaying goods
B grading goods
C manufacturing goods
D supplying goods.
5. The picture below shows a plastic card used by consumers.
Which type of card is shown?
A cash and carry card
B credit card
C debit card
D loyalty card.
6. What is the main disadvantage of e-commerce to the customer?
A danger of credit card fraud
B power failure during a transaction
C retailer running out of stock of the items ordered
D wrong goods supplied by the retailer.
7. Many people obtain credit from their local shops.
What is this called?
A cash discount
8. Problems with faulty goods have led to the growth of
A consumer protection.
C mail order.
D persuasive advertising.
9. What is a disadvantage of rapid and accurate communication systems?
A ability to communicate one message to multiple addresses
B employees within a company are not linked using networks
C greater speed of communication between businesses in different countries
D increased cost and complexity of methods used.
10. What is an advantage of telephone communication in business?
A copies of documents may be transmitted
B messages can be corrected before transmission
C problems may be discussed
D visual contact is made.
11. Which methods of transport are most likely to be used to transport oil from Australia to
A canal and sea
B pipeline and sea
C rail and pipeline
D road and air.
12. What is an advantage of containerisation in sea transport?
A avoidance of customs duty
B carriage of one type of product at a time
C fast turnaround of ships at ports
D quick unpacking of goods at docks.
13. A washing machine manufacturer wishes to promote a newly-designed product.
Which advertising medium would reach the most consumers?
14. The picture below shows an advertisement for an airline.
Which method of appeal is shown in the advertisement?
D social acceptance.
15. Which factor plays a part in the increasing volume of air freight that is being transported
A availability of larger aircraft
B fluctuating aviation fuel prices
C increased international terrorism
D increased tourism.
16. Which airport facility is likely to be the most important to a business exporting goods through an airport?
A currency exchanges
B duty free shops
C lifting gear
D luggage handling.
17. Warehousing is unlikely to be part of the chain of distribution for
A canned food.
18. The diagram shows part of a credit note.
How is the document used?
A The buyer sends it to the supplier after goods have arrived damaged.
B The buyer sends it to the supplier’s bank to pay for goods supplied.
C The supplier sends it to the buyer after goods have been returned damaged.
D The supplier sends it to the buyer’s bank to cancel over-payments.
NOTE: There is nothing like WAEC Gce commerce expo online. Do not be deceived by fraudsters posing with fake WAEC answers on the internet.
WAEC Commerce Theory Questions 2020
1. Olegun Minerals Ltd is a multinational mining business with coal mines in many countries. Some parts of the mining industry are in the public sector and some are in the private sector.
(a) (i) Mining is a primary industry. Explain what is meant by a primary industry.
(ii) Explain two differences between the public sector and the private sector.
(b) Discuss whether or not multinationals, such as Olegun Minerals, benefit the countries in which they are located. Give reasons for your answer.
(c) Olegun Minerals moves its coal by rail to seaports.
(i) Is rail the best way to move coal? Give reasons for your answer.
(ii) Describe two services offered at seaports for handling goods.
2. Sandra has owned a hairdressing salon for the last five years. She knows that hairdressing is a very competitive market and she is always worried about the survival of her business.
(a) Explain two actions Sandra might take to help her hairdressing salon survive in a very competitive market.
(b) A customer has complained that she has been injured by a faulty hairdryer in Sandra’s
salon. State four actions that the customer should take.
(c) A well-known hairdressing business is offering franchise opportunities. Sandra is considering whether or not a franchise is the best option for her business.
(i) Identify two characteristics of a franchise.
(ii) Discuss whether or not Sandra should change her salon to a franchise. Give reasons for your answer.
(d) Sandra sells many beauty products at her salon. State four reasons why these beauty products are packaged.
How To Get Your WAEC Commerce Questions And Answers 2020 Free.
There are simple practice that can help in boosting your performances in this WAEC Commerce Questions And Answers 2020 that you are about to write. I will list those things below.
The things you need to do that will help you in boosting your performances in this WAEC Commerce Questions And Answers 2020 are listed below:
BELOW ARE ALL THE WAEC EXAM’S INSTRUCTIONS TO FOLLOW
Below are strict WAEC instructions for WAEC Commerce Answers 2020 that you need to follow if you don’t want to be penalize by WAEC or your examiner.
For you to get the WAEC Machine Commerce Answers 2020 without cheating, you must:
1. Not Let the examiner see you cheating else, that maybe the end of your exams.
2. Read and study very hard and do well to follow the Instructions strictly..
1. Wake up early so that you do not need to rush through having breakfast and getting ready.
2. Have a balanced breakfast and eat nothing risky (probably not the best day to have a super-hot curry!). Bananas are always a good option.
3. Before leaving home, check that you have everything that you will need for he exams and make sure you go with them.
4. Head to the exam venue like 1 hour before the commencement of the exams because an unexpected events may occur on your way while going.
5. If there are people around who are panicking, avoid them. They are not doing you any favour!
6. Go to the toilet before the exam starts. Exams can be quite long and there is no time to waste. So make sure you iss yourself before coming into the exams hall to avoid taking unnecessary excuses.
7. Remember to write your name on the exam paper. You would not believe how many people have forgotten to do it!
8. Read all the questions carefully before starting and quickly plan how much time to allocate to each.
9. Start answering the questions that you feel most confident about. There is no need to answer the questions in order.
10. If your brain get stuck, just start writing anything and you will start remembering more details.
11. Trust yourself that you can do it without Expo.
12. Read all the Examination instructions before you start the exams.
13. Add speed to your writing.
14. Revise and review your Answers 2020 before submitting.
That is the little we can give you for now. The complete and correct WAEC Commerce Questions And Answers 2020 will be made available here.