waec 2020/2021 Machine Woodworking answers | Theory And OBJ.
Latest update on waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers | Theory And OBJ
I get it all for you. I will be sharing the waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers | Theory And OBJ here with you today. First, let me congratulate you by saying that you have done well to start making research for the waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers | Theory And OBJ. I love telling my candidates that there is nothing to hard about the 2020 waec Machine Woodworking exams. So there is no need to panic as we are always here for you.
At first, I will love to tell you that there are some certain things which you need to take into consideration as a waec candidate that will help you to pass the exam with no stress. Waec candidates do make great mistakes that sometimes hurt them at the end.
On this page, you have solution to
waec 2020/2021 Machine Wood Working answers, waec 2020/2021 Machine Wood Working questions and answers, waec 2021/2021 Machine Wood Working theory questions, 2020/2021 waec Machine Wood Working expo, 2020/2021 waec Machine Wood Working question and answer, waec questions and answers on Machine Wood Working 2020/2021.
Waec Machine Wood Working Questions And Answers 2020 NaijaFocus.
How To Answer WAEC Machine Wood Working Objective Questions [Section A]
1. Read a question twice or more before trying to choose an answer.
2. Answer the questions you know first.
3. Imagine and try recalling what the correct answer is.
4. Pay particularly close attention to words like “not, sometimes, always, and never.” An answer that includes always must be irrefutable. If you can find a single counterexample, then the answer is not correct. The same holds true for the word never. If an answer option includes never a single counterexample will indicate the answer is not the correct.
5. Eliminate each clearly wrong options that you know that are odd.
6. Using the process of elimination, cross out all the answers you know are incorrect, then focus on the remaining answers. Not only does this strategy save time, it greatly increases your likelihood of selecting the correct answer.
7. When two answers are correct in a multiple choice question with an “All of the above” option, then it’s probably the correct choice.
8. If all else tactics fails, then guess like a street magician and you may get it right.
How to Answer WAEC Machine Wood Working Theory Questions [Section B].
Answering exam questions can be very intimidating especially when one has no self-confidence. When ever you meet any exam, always make sure you eliminate fear.
To answer any WAEC question, follow this steps.
- Go through the exam’s instructions first before you start answering its questions.
- Read a particular question twice or thrice before you give and answer
- Understand each question and what the examiner is really looking for.
- Start your answer by echoing the question if it is an essay question.
- Go through your Answers to make sure all your writings and answers are well spelled and accurately presented.
WAEC Theory Answers Structures
When answering theories or Essay questions, take note of the following and how you should present your answers:
- Describe: This means you should say what you see – no need for reasons. You can give a detailed account, using examples
- State: Provide a factual report with no explanation or opinion.
- List: Write down bullet points, not paragraphs. Keep it brief.
- Explain: give reasons
- Outline: give a brief summary
- Analyse: go into detail
- Compare: what are the similarities and differences?
- Contrast: what are the differences?
- Calculate: use numbers given to work out the value of something
- Define: give the meaning of something
- Evaluate: consider both sides – pros and cons
- Justify: give evidence to explain something
- To what extent: Judge the importance or success of something – has it worked or not
- Argue: present a case with evidence or reasons
- Assess: Weigh up / give an informed judgement
- Comment on: give your opinion on something
- Debate: give different perspective
Simple Tips on waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers | Theory And OBJ.
The first thing you should never do as a 2020 waec candidate is to fully depend on waec expo. Although you may end up getting an expo for the waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers | Theory And OBJ on the exams day, it is also of a greater advantage if you also spend time to study some things on your own. The worst thing that can ever happen to a candidate is to fully depend on Expo but unfortunately get none. If you can atleast make attempt of answering like 20-30 obj questions correctly by yourself and let me say like 2-3 correct theory questions correctly by yourself, then you can make atleast a C grade even without using an Expo. My best advice I will ever give to a waec candidate is to study while waiting for the unforeseen expo to avoid frustration incase it doesn’t come up.
THE waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers | Theory And OBJ PATTERN.
The waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers | Theory And OBJ follows a particular pattern like every other waec exams for other subjects.
The waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers has two papers. The two papers are Papers 1 and 2. The Paper 1 has forty-fifty objective questions and candidates are expected to answer all the questions in the paper in 50 minutes for 40 marks. The Paper 2 has six essay questions with the instruction for candidates to answer any four for 80 marks.
HOW TO PASS THIS waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers .
All you need to get your correct waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers is to continue reading down.
- Start preparing for the waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers .
- Study waec Machine Woodworking past questions.
waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers Hints.
Below are the similar samples of the waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers hint of last year.
I make collections on this waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers through the help of research and material findings. Below are some materials from last year exams that can help you to get this waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers as easy as possible.
(1) (a) Arrange the following mass production activities in their sequential order of occurrence:
(i) trial assembly;
(ii) procurement of materials;
(iii) preparation of working drawings;
(iv) final assembly;
(v) preparation of materials;
(vi) setting out and cutting of joints.
(b) List two types of widening joint.
(c) List two sources of funds open to a wood working sole proprietor.
Candidates were expected to do the following:
(1) arrange the listed activities in their sequential order of occurrence;
(2) list two widening joints;
(3) list two sources of funds open to a woodworking sole proprietor. The solution is shown below:
(a) Mass production activities in sequential order:
(i) preparation of working drawings;
(ii) procurement of materials;
(iii) preparation of materials;
(iv) setting out and cutting of joints;
(v) trial assembly;
(vi) final assembly.
(b) Types of widening joint:
(i) dowel joint;
(ii) tongued and grooved joint (tongue and groove joint);
(iii) loose tongue and groove joint (feather joint);
(iv) slot screw joint;
(v) rebated joint;
(vi) rubbed glued joint (plain butt joint);
(vii) biscuit joint.
(c) Sources of funds open to a woodworking sole proprietor:
(i) personal savings;
(ii) sale of shares;
(iii) loans from friends;
(iv) assistance from family members;
(v) loan from cooperatives;
(vi) thrift contributions (Esusu);
(vii) bank loans;
(ix) grants-in-aid from Machine Wood Working/donor agencies;
(x) sale of personal property.
Auto Mechanics Questions and Answers 2017 (WAEC GCE NECO) | Expo Runz
(2) (a) State two clothing habits that can cause accidents in a wood workshop.
(b) Describe how the teeth of a panel saw are set.
(c) List two wood lathe cutting tools.
Candidates were expected to:
(1) state two clothing habits that can cause accidents in a woodwork shop;
(2) describe how the teeth of a panel saw are set;
(3) list two wood lathe cutting tools.
The solution is as follows:
(a) Clothing habits that can cause an accident in a wood workshop:
(i) wearing loose/oversize outer clothing;
(ii) wearing loose apron/overall;
(iii) wearing long sleeve shirt;
(iv) wearing long hair;
(v) wearing jewelry (wrist watch, necklace, ring);
(vi) wearing flying tie;
(vii) wearing non protective foot wear;
(viii) wearing sagging trousers:
(ix) wearing unlaced foot wear;
(x) wearing inappropriate workshop clothing.
(b) How to set a panel saw teeth:
(A) By hand:
mount the saw in a saw vice/bench vice;
mark the starting tooth on one end of the saw;
starting from the marked tooth, use a saw set to bend about ½ the top of each alternate tooth toward self;
turn the saw around and bend the remaining teeth the same way.
(B) Using machine:
fix the saw on the machine vice;
mark the starting tooth;
set the machine to the amount of set required;
start the machine and adjust to start setting from the marked tooth to the end of the saw;
stop the machine and turn the saw around;
start the machine to set alternate teeth;
stop machine and remove the saw.
(c) Wood lathe cutting tools:
Parting chisel, skew chisel, round nose chisel, square chisel, spear point chisel, roughing-out gouge, spindle gouge, bowel gouge, square scraper, flat or facing chisel, flat scraper, diamond scraper, spear point scraper.
(3) (a) Use a sectional sketch to illustrate the following holes bored when screwing
WAEC GCE Wood Work Questions and Answers 2017 | Practical, Objective, Essay and Design
(b) (i) List two types of solvent used in the production of wood finishes.
(ii) State two functions of a solvent in a wood finish.
Candidates were expected to:
use a sectional sketch to illustrate pilot hole, clearance hole, counter bore;
list two types of solvent used in the production of wood finishes;
state one function of a solvent in a wood finish.
This solution is shown below:
(a) Sectional sketch illu strating holes in screwing:
b (i) Solvents used in wood finishing:
– methylated spirit;
(ii) Functions of a solvent in a wood finish:
dissolves a finish with the purpose of thinning the finish;
enhances the drying of finishes;
quickens the application of finishes.
Question 1 – DESIGN AND DRAWING
A petty trader needs a showcase to be placed on a table to display snacks. The overall dimensions of the showcase are:
height – 600;
width – 600;
depth – 300.
(All dimensions are in millimeters)
The showcase is divided into two compartments by a partition. Each of the compartments is divided into two unequal spaces by a shelf. The showcase has two glazed doors in front. It is glazed with one glass panel at the back. The sides, top and bottom are made of 18 mm plywood, and each is covered with white form ica on both faces.
Make two preliminary freehand pictorial sketches each for a different design of the showcase.
Select one of the sketches in question 1 and indicate the sketch selected by a tick ( ).
To a scale of 1:5, draw in the Third angle Orthographic Projection, the following views of the sketch selected:
(i) the front elevation;
(ii) a sectional end elevation.
Candidates were expected to do the following:
(i) make two preliminary freehand pictorial sketches each for a different design of the given showcase;
(ii) draw the front elevation and sectional end elevation of the selected show case design.
The solution is shown below:
(a) Preliminary freehand sketches:
draw for resemblance;
draw to proportion;
(i) Front elevation (F.E.):
– indicate the sketch selected;
– show cabinet carcase;
– show cabinet doors;
– show cabinet shelf;
– show cabinet partition
– draw to scale;
– dimension appropriately;
– name the view.
ii Sectional End Elevation:
– show cutting plane;
– position in third angle projection;
– project from front elevation;
– show carcase details;
– show door details;
– show back details;
– draw to scale;
– dimension properly;
– show good line quality;
– name the view.
The paper was of the right standard, the rubric was clear and no ambiguity in the questions. Compared with the maiden edition of last year, there is noticeable improvement in candidates’ performance and in candidature of the subject.
Candidates were reported to show weaknesses in the following areas:
(1) reading and understanding the question;
(2) design and drawing;
(3) orthographic projection;
(4) sequence of mass production activities;
(5) types of widening joint;
(6) setting of panel saw teeth.
(1) students should visit the workshop regularly;
(2) design and drawing should be encouraged at all level;
(3) teachers should be trained frequently to improve their knowledge in the subject area.
The greatest wishes of every waec candidate is to always make it high in the waec exams. But the truth remains the truth. Only well prepared mind are the set of people that always make it large in any exams. It doesn’t matter how you prepare for the exams, but all you need to do is just to prepare for it. But my best advise is for you to prepare in the right path to avoid frustration in the exams day.
Those questions were the waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers that are likely to appear. All you need to do is to take a good and careful look at them and try getting answers for them. What you will see in your waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers on the exams day will not be very far from this. All we wish you in this waec 2020 Machine Woodworking answers is success in all ramification.
If This post was very interesting to you, THEN Naijafocus.com.ng plead with you to tell others about us by sharing this with your friends all over the internet.Please feel free to ask us any question, you can also make any contribution, suggestion, complaint or request using the comment box below ↓