The differences between chemical and petroleum engineering.
As the case may be, we are going to evaluate the differences between chemical and petroleum Engineering today. Even though this two courses appears to be so related, there are some vital differences that we need to sought out between them.
WHY YOU NEED TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CHEMICAL AND PETROLEUM ENGINEERING.
- To enable you make the right choice
- To know the differences between the two fields.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN LOOKING AT THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CHEMICAL AND PETROLEUM ENGINEERING.
- Employment opportunity.
- Place they can work.
- Future employment estimation.
|Fields of considerations||Chemical engineering||Petroleum engineering|
|Estimated No. of students.||About 40,000||About 50,000|
|Estimated No. of graduates.||Over 20,000||Over 30,000|
|Monthly Salary||An average chemical engineer earns upto N200,000 or above||An average petroleum engineer earns upto N500,000 and above|
|Employment opportunities||70%. Can be selfed employed.||50%|
|Where they can work?||So many fields like offices, laboratories, industrial plants, refineries, pharmaceutical industries and many other places.|
|Average work time||Full time||Full time|
|Years of studies||5 years||5 years|
|World estimation,demand and ranking.||6O%||55%|
|What they do.||1. Chemical engineers solve problems by applying chemistry, biology, physics and math on the production or use of chemicals and other materials.|
2. Chemical engineers troubleshoot problems with the manufacturing line and develop new method of production or design equipment for large scale manufacturing.
3. Chemical engineers plan and test production method to ensure a safe procedure for those working with hazardous chemicals before launching the operations.
4. Chemical engineers Develop new and improved manufacturing processes by
establishing safety procedures for those working with dangerous chemicals.
|1. They find more efficient and profitable ways to extract oil and gas.|
2. They develop new method or design new equipment to drill in oil and gas fields to test the wells.
3. They often work with geoscientists and other earth science specialists to understand how geologic formation affects rocks
that contain oil reserves.
Their Little Similarities.
Chemical and petroleum have the following common similarities
- Same years of study.
- Same faculty of study i.e both are Engineering course.
- Chemical engineers can work in oil company.
- Both can work in the same field.
If This post was very interesting to you, THEN Naijafocus.com.ng plead with you to tell others about us by sharing this with your friends all over the internet.Please feel free to ask us any question, you can also make any contribution, suggestion, complaint or request using the comment box below ↓
Always remember to check back on all for latest Jamb updates all the time.