2020 NECO Economics Exam Scheme and Format
The NECO Obj Questions are similar to that of WAEC. So you don’t have to panic. Like every other Exam, the Obj will contain 50 or fewer Multiple choice questions. The theory part of the exam is still the same. In the theory section, you will be given % or more Questions which you will be required to answer any three.
So, The 2020 NECO Economics Exam will follow the below format:
PAPER 1: Will consist of forty multiple-choice objective questions all of which should be answered within 40 minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2: Will consist of six essay questions. Candidates will be required to answer four questions within 2 hours for 80 marks.
How To Answer NECO Economics Objective Questions [OBJ Section A]
NECO Economics section A contains Objective Questions of 4 or 5 different options. In this case, how do you choose a correct Answer form these 4 or 5 options?
To the correct Answer form those different options, follow the steps below:
- 1. Read a particular question more than once before trying to choose an answer.
- 2. Answer the questions you know first.
- 3. Imagine and try recalling what the correct answer is.
- 4. Pay particularly close attention to words like “not, sometimes, always, and never.” An answer that includes always must be irrefutable. If you can find a single counterexample, then the answer is not correct. The same holds true for the word never. If an answer option includes never a single counterexample will indicate the answer is not the correct.
- 5. Eliminate each clearly wrong option that you know that is odd.
- 6. Using the process of elimination, cross out all the answers you know are incorrect, then focus on the remaining answers. Not only does this strategy save time, it greatly increases your likelihood of selecting the correct answer.
- 7. When two answers are correct in a multiple choice question with an “All of the above” option, then it’s probably the correct choice.
- 8. If all else tactics fail, then guess like a street magician and you may get it right.
How to Answer NECO Economics Theory Questions [Section B].
NECO Economics Theory Questions are not the same as the Objective Questions. NECO theory exam questions can sometimes be intimidating especially when you have no self-confidence. The first thing you have to do when you are about to answer NECO Economics theory Questions is to eliminate fear and believe that you can make it.
NECO Economics theory Questions always come in different forms and formats and each format needs a unique and correct answer. To Answer any NECO Economics theory question, follow these steps:
- Go through the exam’s instructions first before you start answering its questions.
- Read a particular question twice or thrice before you give and answer
- Understand each question and what the examiner is really looking for.
- Start your answer by echoing the question if it is an essay question.
- Go through your Answers to make sure all your writings and answers are well spelled and accurately presented.
NECO Economics Theory Answers Structures 2020
When answering theories or Essay questions, take note of the following and how you should present your answers:
- Describe: This means you should say what you see – no need for reasons. You can give a detailed account, using examples
- State: Provide a factual report with no explanation or opinion.
- List: Write down bullet points, not paragraphs. Keep it brief.
- Explain: give reasons
- Outline: Give a brief summary
- Analyze: go into detail
- Compare: what are the similarities and differences?
- Contrast: what are the differences?
- Calculate: use numbers given to work out the value of something
- Define: give the meaning of something
- Evaluate: consider both sides – pros and cons
- Justify: give evidence to explain something
- To what extent: Judge the importance or success of something – has it worked or not
- Argue: present a case with evidence or reasons
- Assess: Weigh up / give an informed judgment
- Comment on: give your opinion on something
- Debate: give a different perspective
Area Of Concentration For NECO 2020 Economics Exam
Below are the step-by-step guides on how to prepare for the NECO Economics 2020 Exam and solve all the Economics Exam’s problems by yourself.
Like I quoted before “he who fails to prepare is actually preparing to fail” Preparation is the key to Success, anybody looking for any other way to pass NECO Economics Questions And Answers 2020 from good preparation is looking for a way to fail. All you need to do is to sit down to study your Economics. You can Study your Economics properly using the No.2 below.
Use Good Economics Textbooks
All that you are looking for is in your textbook. There is nothing good as sound textbooks. The textbooks are your companion. Make good use of Economics textbooks in addition to your class note and you will see yourself solving complex Economics questions. One textbook is not enough, some textbooks make harder topics simpler to understand than the others. You are advised to make textbooks your companion.
Use NECO Economics Past Questions and Answers 2020
Most of the questions you will see in these exams are repeated questions of past years NECO exams. Even if the questions happen not to be a repeated question, I am 100% sure it must have the same format as the past questions. Using past questions will give you insight into how the exam will look like.
Being able to answer past questions correctly actually means you can also give/get this NECO Economics Questions And Answers 2020 correctly by yourself without Expo or cheating.