How to Check Admission Status on Jamb CAPS 2020/2021
How to Check Admission Status on Jamb CAPS 2020/2021 Updated….
Welcome to a guide on how to check your admission status on JAMB Central Admission Processing System ( Jamb CAPS).
This post will show you how to use your phone or computer and check your admission status on Jamb CAPS.
You will learn here, how to accept or reject admission on JAMB CAPS. It is a known fact that before your institution of choice releases its admission list, the list or admission status first appears on the Jamb portal.
Students are always advised to check their admission status on JAMB CAPS while waiting for their schools of choice to release the admission list.
What Is JAMB CAPS?
JAMB CAPS simply means Central Admission Processing System. This was created by the management of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to ensure accurate and transparent admission processes.
The Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) is designed to make provision for a ‘market place’ in the JAMB portal that enables institutions to request for students in Nigeria who score their cut off points.
The system is such that institutions can only admit those who meet their cut off points. If a candidate fails to meet the cut off mark, that student would certainly be denied admission irrespective of the candidate’s connection.
Having known what Jamb CAPS is all about, let’s quickly go to the steps to check your admission status on Jamb CAPS.
JAMB CAPS ADMISSION STATUS AND THEIR MEANINGS.
1. CAPS “Welcome but Blank”
Some candidates complain what they see on their profiles is only the word “Welcome” and nothing more.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: Select the three doted line ⋮ at the top right-corner of your browser ( i.e. ⋮) and then tick ‘Desktop site‘. (you can click on the image for better view) or use a computer to check it.
Make sure you use browsers like Chrome or Firefox.
2. MEANING OF “Not Admitted” ON JAMB CAPS
In most cases, the space for institutions and courses will be empty or blank.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: This message doesn’t mean you won’t be given admission. It only shows no admission is yet to be given by any school. So Wait for your proposed schools to conduct post UTME or admission screening (if they’ve not). If they’ve already done that, they usually continually send lists to JAMB to upload to students’ pages.
3. MEANING OF “Admission in Progress” ON JAMB CAPS
If your JAMB admission status on CAPS in showing “Admission In progress”, then that means JAMB has received your name for admission but they will need to verify some criteria followed by the institution to ascertain their conformity with lay down rules.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: Be happy this is the beginning of your journey to being admitted. I can guarantee if you have this status message, you’ll be offered admission at the end.
All you need to do now is to wait for JAMB to complete their work. Keep checking your status from time to time and sooner the message will change to the next stage.
4. MEANING OF “Recommended” ON JAMB CAPS.
If your JAMB admission status on CAPS in showing “Recommended” then that message is a reassurance that JAMB has received your name on the list and you should be confident that the admission will favour you at the end.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: Your school has offered you the admission but JAMB will have to consent it too. At this stage, the body can change your course to another if you don’t meet up with your original proposed course. So make sure you wait and keep rechecking until your message change to a congratulatory message.
5. CAPS “Admission is Approved”
If your JAMB admission status on CAPS in showing “Admission Approved” then this is the congratulatory message you have been waiting for. Once, you’re shown this message, no going back.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: Even if this message doesn’t say what course is given or which school gives, you’re still certain you have been offered admission. It may take a few days before other details are shown. So keep on Checking back for messages that will display which school and what course you’re offered. Just recheck your profile from to time.
6. MEANING OF “Congratulations, you’ve been offered Admission” ON JAMB CAPS.
If you see this on your JAMB CAPS Admission Status, then it means you have been admitted. This is what you most likely see after you have accepted the admission or sometimes before. 2020/2021 SCREENING FORM AND DATES
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: This reassures you that, nothing else is expected of you on the JAMB profile unless you want to print original JAMB result, admission letter or do a change of course (if your school offers you a course different from the one you chose in UTME).
PLS NOTE THIS:
2. Successfully admitted candidates are advised to go to JAMB CAPS portal to ACCEPT or REJECT the offer.
3. Not Yet admitted? Note that the Admission List will be published in batches as they are processed. Candidates are therefore advised to keep on checking online.
4. Candidates who did not upload their result as at the time of their JAMB application (Awaiting Result) should do so immediately by visiting any Computer Based Test (CBT) Centre nearest to them to upload their O’Level results on JAMB website.
7. MEANING OF “Accept or Reject Admission” ON JAMB CAPS.
This time, JAMB wants to be sure you want to accept or reject the admission. This is a very sensitive stage. JAMB doesn’t want to give you admission and later you don’t have interests in it again.
This will deprive a student who wants such an opportunity to be admitted instead of you. Hence, they want you to confirm that you want the school and the course offered.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO: Pls Don’t joke with this stage. JAMB may eventually withdraw your admission if you don’t accept the offer. In fact, you won’t be able to print the JAMB admission letter unless you accept the offer. So, accept the offer if you’re ok with that or reject it to give another student space.
If you accept, print your JAMB admission letter and wait for your school to upload your list to the school’s portal or call you up for documentation.
If you reject the offer, you will have to wait and keep rechecking your status to see if another school will give you admission.
How to Accept or Reject Admission On Jamb CAPS Using Computer
1. Go to www.jamb.org.ng
2. Click Create e-facility account/Log in
3. Enter your Email and password
4. Click Check Admission Status at the left sidebar
5. Click Access My CAPS
6. Click Admission Status and wait for your admission status to load and display.
7. You can accept or reject admission by tapping the Accept Admission or Reject Admission buttons at the bottom.
How to Accept or Reject Admission On Jamb CAPS Using Your Mobile Phone
1. Open your browser ( chrome or firefox)
2. Visit https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility.
3. Tap the Menu button of your phone if you are using Firefox (the three horizontal lines at the right hand of the majority of android phones). If you are using chrome, you can click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the page.
4. Select Request Desktop Site. This will make your phone to open the Jamb portal as a desktop.
5. Enter your Email and password in spaces provided and click Login
6. Tap the Menu at the top right corner of your screen.
7. Scroll down to Check Admission Status and tap on it
8. Click Access My CAPS and allow it to load
9. Click Check Admission Status
I guess you know How to Check Admission Status on Jamb CAPS 2020/2021 now?
That is how to check admission status and how to accept or reject admission on JAMB CAPS using a phone (android phone)