2020 waec History answers.
The answers you are looking are at the end of this post. But read this ones first to avoid mistakes.
Great work!! This is the 2020 waec History answers that you have been looking for. I am about to let the cat out of the bag by sharing the 2020 waec History answers and expos with you. If you are writing this 2020 waec History exams, then you don’t have to panic about how you will pass it because I will help you with that.
Now, what does it take to pass this History exams?
The simplest answer to that question is “NOTHING”. It takes something but nothing to pass this exams.
All you need to pass this History waec exam is to do the following.
1. Start preparing for the exams as soon as possible. This is one of the best way to get the
2. Study waec History past questions. This is one of the best ways to get the 2020 waec History answers. Most of the 2020 waec History questions and answers in the question paper are repeated questions. Studying the weac History past questions and answers will actually help you to do better in this exams. 50% of the questions you will see on question paper are repeated questions.
3. Read and study your History Textbook. Your History textbook has all the 2020 waec History answers that you need. All you need to do is to use the waec History syllable to get the correct guide on the topics that waec will set the questions from.
4. Read your History SS1-SS3 note. Almost all the 2020 waec History answers is in your SS1-SS3 History notebook. Why you still have your textbook but fail exams is because you have eventually made it your biggest enemy.
5. Pray before and after exams. Prayer is the key to every success. With God, the 2020 waec History answers will be reflecting here and there. Even after the exams, you still need God through prayer to make sure your exams script are well and properly marked.
6. Arrive before time. Rushing to exams hall is very bad. In fact, a lot of things can skip your memory if you go into exams hall in a rush. Endeavor to be there before the exams start and make sure you start along with others to avoid shortening of time.
Very good 2020 waec History answers Instructions to follow.
Below are some good 2020 waec History answers Instructions that you should follow to make it large and still leave without issues. So if you don’t want either WAEC body or your examiner to cease your paper or result, then follow this instructions on 2020 waec History answers Instructions to follow for safety.
- Read the instructions at the first page of the exams paper before you start writing.
- Do not open your question paper until you are told to do so.
- USE only HB pencil to shade your OMR in the OBJ Section
- You are free to use Biro in the theory part
- You can use calculator in subjects that has calculations. But endeavor to use the recommended calculator.
- Make sure that you fill your name, Subject, paper, write NECO, paper code and other examination details where necessary.
- Ensure that the texts in your question papers are boldly printed. Else, call the attention of the examiner.
- Behave yourself. Misbehaving in the exams hall may mark the end of your exams on that very subject.
- Don’t let invigilators catch you using expo (Unless you are using Miracle centre for your Neco Physics).
- Use a very bold and clear handwriting.
- Checkout for writing errors, misspelling an wrong sentence usage.
- Head straight and answer the questions you know first before trying out the difficult ones.
The 2020 waec History answers format
As you will see, the 2020 waec History exams will take the below format.
The History waec exams consist of two different papers( paper 1 & 2)
PAPER 1 : will consist of about forty multiple-choice objective questions which will cover the entire syllabus. Candidates are expected to answer all the questions in 50 minutes for 40 marks.
PAPER 2 : Will be a 2-hour paper consisting of six essay questions, out of which candidates will be expected to answer any four for 80 marks.
Below are the 2020 waec History answers (Questions and answers)
*FOR SIERRA LEONE*
*SECTION C ANSWERS*
Examine the roles which geography had played to
influence the History of ethnic groups in Ghana before
1.rivers had provided avenues for trade and social
intercourse among the various groups of people in
2.Geography had been a major factor in the distribution
of occupations, location of industries and market
3.it had determined the type of warfare in different
areas of settlement;
4.it had a powerful influence on social engagement of
the people, the type of food they ate, their mode of
5.the climate had dictated agricultural activities of the
What five features made Benin famous as a centre of
1.the Benin City wall had a massive earth work;
2.the Benin ivory carvings were used to record
3.the Benin ivory carvings were also used for
4.Benin bronze works were among the most beautiful
in the world;
5.Benin brass work made Benin famous;
6.decorative woodwork was used to distinguish the
buildings of the nobles.
(a) Mention three steps taken by Ghana to obtain salt
(b) Name any six tools used in salt processing
(c) In what three ways was salt medically important to
the traditional Ghana Societies?
(a) (i) collecting mud impregnated with salt;
(ii) pouring water on mud to produce the brine;
(iii) sieving the brine;
(iv) boiling the brine.
(b) (i) Hoes
(iv) Metal cups
(v) Sticks, etc.
(c) (i) Salt was used as an antiseptic;
(ii) it was used in treating sore eyes;
(ii) it was used in treating stomach ache;
(iv) it was used in treating sore throat;
(v) it was used in cleaning teeth;
(vi) it was used in treating animals.
(a) List any three names of individuals whose efforts
led to the abolition of the trans-Atlantic slave trade.
(b) Highlight any four factors that led to the
suppression of the trans-Atlantic slave trade.
(a) (i) William Wilberforce;
(ii) Granville Sharp;
(iii) Thomas Clarkson;
(iv) Ottobah Cuguano;
(v) The American Quakers (Society of Friends);
(vi) Quakers/Society of Friends;
(vii) Henry Thorton
(viii) Fowel Buxton
(ix) James Stephen
(x) Lord Mansfield
(xi) Olauda Equiano
(xii) Thomas Paine
(xiii) Adam Smith
(b) (i) individuals who had suffered from the horrors of
this trade exposed the attendant evils e.g. Olauda
Equiano, Ottobah Cuguano;
(ii) within Africa, some rulers made efforts to suppress
the trade e.g. King Agaja of Dahomey;
(iii) American Quakers condemned the trade;
(iv) opposition also came from the British
humanitarians who formed the society of the Quakers,
e.g. Granville Sharp, William Wilberforce;
(v) signing of anti-slavery trade treaties with European
and other governments;
(vi) activities of the Christian missionaries. This group
wrote books, formed movements that spoke out against
the slave trade;
(vii) passing of legislation against slave trade, e.g. in
1804 the Danish government renounced the trade,
Britain in 1807 and USA in 1808;
(viii) the activities of the British Naval squadron did a
lot to end the trade from its source in West Africa;
(ix) the industrial Revolution which drastically reduced
the need for slave labour.
*SECTION C ANSWERS*
the sherbro political structure consented of sub-chiefs
that ruled the political provinces.. Three of there are
i Sei Bureh Of Terma Bum
ii So Kong of Impen
iii So to of cha
2b.i The sherbro political organization was based on an
elective principles that is the leader were elected
ii the rulers were descendant of matrimonial ruling
iii The poro society served as an advisory council to
king, Bei sherbro
iv. The sherbro country was divided into provinces
placed under sub-chiefs. It’s mean that they have a
system of decentralization
*BENEFITS SIERRA LEONE DERIVES FROM ECOWAS*
i. Bilateral trading
ii. Financial assistance
iii. Educational support(scholarship to study anywhere)
iv. Political stabilization
v. Help in peace making
(6a) The Block Poor, Nova scotians and the Maroon.
(6b) 1 The rebellion resulted in the victory of the Sierra
Leone Company( The then governing body of the
(2) The ring leaders of the rebellion were arrested and
tried. Some were killed and others banished from the
(3) The rebellion led to the Bankruptcy of the Sierra
Leone Company. When the colony the colony was
destroyed by the French in 1794, the company spent
55000 pounds for the rehabilitation of the colony. And
in other to get back the money spent by the company.
The company imposed taxes on the nova Scotia which
they refused to pay and eventually led to it bankruptcy.
(4) Finally, the local government program of the Nova
Scotians was dissolved. This was as a result of the
rebellion against the company in 1800.
*SECTION C ANSWERS*
7a (1)Governor Ransford Slater
(2) Governor Hubert Stevenson
(3) Governor Beresford Stooke.
7b The Chiefs were very important in the colonial administration of the British.
The following were the roles played bythe chiefs.
(1) They helped the colonial administration to collect taxes and from the people and implemented policies of the Government.
(2) Chiefs were heads of their people or heads of ethnic life in terms of demoestic and customary issues. They were responsible for interpretations and enforcement of customary laws. They settled disputes in matters relating to native and customary laws.e.g. marriage, witchcraft and woman palava to namebut a few.
(3) They acted as intermediaries between the colonial government and the natives. Paramount chiefs explained colonial policies to their subjects. The British colonial administration got the acceptance of the people through the help of the chiefs.
(4) The Chiefs helped the British colonial administrators to maintain law and order as well as security through the establishment of native police force. The dealt with minor cases and local people were compelled to be law abiding. The Chiefs made used of age grades as law enforcement agencies.
(5) They mobilized their subjects for the building of their chiefdoms through customary labour and tributes. They led their people and motivated them in communal work. Chiefs ensured the maintenance of roads, bridges,schools, health clinics and markets. They also ensured that the general sanitary conditions of the town and villages in their chiefdoms were maintained. The Chiefs organized force labour for the British colonial administration.
SIMPLE GUIDES FOR THE WAEC EXAMS
1. HAVE SELF-CONFIDENCE
No one owns yourself, you are the owner, try and coordinate yourself during the exams because nothing in the exams hall is new. I tell you, with self-confidence, you will conquer.
2. PRAY TO GOD CONCERNING YOUR EXAMS
The Almighty God is your Creator, he cannot hide his face from you if you seek his face. Pray to God for through Him everything is possible in your Waec day.
3. GO TO THE EXAMS VENUE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.
Punctuality is another factor that determines success in exams. You have all days to prepare before your Waec exams commence. Do not claim to be busy while you suppose to be in the exams venue. Go earlier and settle before the exams start.
4. FOLLOW STRICTLY THE INSTRUCTION ON THE EXAM PAPER
Many candidates overlook the instructions given in the exams hall. They think the instructions are not important. this is not good, adhere to the instructions and you will come out the best in your Waec exams.
5. USE WHAT YOU READ
I know you read during the course of your preparation. Now is the right time to pour out you have upstairs and scatter Waec with the answers to the theory questions. You can get the 2020 Waec answers from what you read so far.
6. ANSWER THE ONES YOU KNOW.
First of all provide 2020 Waec answers that you know while waiting for the rest.
7. USE THE WAE E-LEARNING PORTAL TO LEARN SOME NEW LESSONS:
The West African Examination Council (Waec) recently launched a portal called Waec e-learning to curb the number of failures in the Waec May/June SSCE by creating a portal that contains the resources for all Waec approved subjects that will students understand the standards required for success in respective examinations.
Those were the 2020 waec History answers that you should know and make use of them. They are History past questions and answers. This 2020 waec History answers were sample 2020 waec History answers, keep on refreshing this website to get the correct 2020 waec History answers.
Searches related to 2020 waec History answers.
Below are searches related to 2020 waec History answers.. you can use this posts listed below to get more 2020 waec History answers. If you are not satisfied with this 2020 waec History answers, then scroll down and request for the correct 2020 waec History answers.
history waec 2018
history past question papers
waec past questions
waec history question 2018
neco history past questions
waec 2018 questions
waec e learning
literature questions and answers waec 2015.
Hope this 2020 waec History answers was helpful? share your thoughts on this 2020 waec History answers below.